Friday, 26 April 2019
  14 Replies
  2.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Hello Brothers,

Thank you so much for all of the hard work you have done on TheocBase. Unfortunately I am noticing a Bug on your Mac Version, 2019.04.0. When I go to the Print pane and try to select the Weekend Meeting, TheocBase quits every time. I have tried restarting my computer and it does not help. I am confident that this issue will be addressed but I did want to make you aware of it.

more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo

The issue seems solved with 2019.04.01

Thanks for your support!

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

I can confirm this issue.  It does not occur on the windows version, only on the MacOS version.  I tried replacing the templates folder with the older default templates as well as with out custom template just to see if it was an issue with the templates, but that is not the case.  Same issue occurs.  This has rendered our TheocBase useless on the Mac. 

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Same issue on Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.3, I'm not able to print anything.

Thanks

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

This is Steve Stutz again, I just wanted to report another issue with the "Call List and Hospitality Schedule". When I go to export a PDF or print this Schedule the pages are not complete and the Header is missing from one of the pages. I have attached a Screen Capture below of the Schedule.

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Brothers,

I experience the same issue as described by brother Andres Muñoz above.

This is on a Mac running macOS 10.14.4

Thank you for your kind support.

- Jeff

more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo

The issue seems solved with 2019.04.01

Thanks for your support!

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

The inability to print issue most of us here posted about has been resolved with the 2019.04.01 update.   Thanks SO MUCH brothers!

The original post from Steven Stutz however mentioned some apparent user-specific issues.  It may be worth looking into?

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello Brothers,

Just an update, 2019.04.0 did start letting me select "Weekend" without crashing the App on my Mac. When I updated to 2019.04.1 TheocBase started crashing again, and it also crashes when I try to select "Combination". I really appreciate all of your hard work and I'm sorry I'm having difficulty.

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Dear Steven, 

Please do not appologize about the issue you are having.  It's the nature of technology!  We'll try to figure it out for you.   Interestingly, your crash issue seems to be unique in that it does not seem to match the other user reported issues for MacOS.  That seems to indicate that it is something specific or unique to your system/setup, and the trick will be to isolate it.

Here are a few questions that will help us make sure we correctly understand the issue:

1.  Your program crashes, not when you select the print pane, but when you select specific templates, correct?  Or does it crash regardless of what schedule type you try to print?

2.  Does the Mac generate a crash report, or does the app just shut down and bring you back to the desktop?

3.  Have you noticed any other unusual symptom or behaviour?

Thanks for being patient.  With all the smart brains in this community, the group should be able to get you back up and running in no time.

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

1. Yes, I can get to the Print Pane with no issues and the Midweek Meeting Schedule shows up no problem. However when I select "Weekend" or "Combination" within the print pane TheocBase crashes. I have not tried to print or export the "Midweek" schedule since the 2019.04.0 update.

2. My Mac does not generate any crash report nor does it tell me that the Program quit unexpectedly.

3. The only unusual behavior I have noticed besides this is when I tried to print to Hospitality schedule. The pages would not be completely filled and the Title or Heading was missing on some of the pages.

Thank you for the continued support.

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Excellent responses.   One last question:  Are you using the default templates, or are you printing using customized templates?

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

I have been using the forms that show up by default, not the form/schedule template from the Branch. And I have tried to print the "Hospitality/Phone List" schedule.

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thanks.  So the issue is going to be located in one of three areas:  database, user environment, or the app itself.  With your help and patience, we can identify the culprit.

First of all, if this has not already been done, please make sure to backup your current database to a safe location, either on a separate folder on your Mac, USB drive, or cloud location.

Then, try each of these steps in this order:

1.  Try to replicate the issue in Safe Mode - Shut down mac, and restart while holding down the Shift button.  If the issue does not occur, stop here and let us now.  

*** If the issue persists, try step 2

2.  Create a new Admin user account on your Mac -  Launch TheocBase on the new user, and see if the issue occurs.  VITAL - Do not sync with Dropbox at this stage, nor import your database.  We are simply isolating the issue to either a user account or system wide issue.  If TheocBase does not crash at this stage - STOP here.   Let us know.  

*** If the issue persists, continue to step 3.

3.  Shut down Mac, boot into recovery by pressing "CMD +R" during boot up.  Run Disk utility > First aid.  See if there are any repairs made.  (You'll need to click on the little chevron next to "show details" to browse the report.)

Please let me know how each step turns out.  If these steps do not resolve your issue, at the very least they will issolate the problem so we'll know where to focus our efforts.

Thanks,

Andres

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Sorry for the delay in responding. As it turns out, I already have another Admin Account on my computer. While logged into my Account I copied the Database and pasted it to my Desktop. Then I opened up TheocBase while logged in to my wife’s Account. I had no problems with TheocBase crashing when I went to the Weekend Meeting in the Print Pane. So just for kicks I logged back into my Account and opened TheocBase whilst the Database copy was still on my Desktop. I opened TheocBase, went to the Print Pane, selected Weekend Meeting and TheocBase did not crash. So I am not sure what was going on but I am no longer having issues. Thank you for your support.

One thing I would like to know is how to add a new congregation. I understand the basics, however when I’ve tried to add a new congregation, I enter all the information, and then sync. What shows up on my tablet and phone is "New Congregation", and not the actual congregation name. When do I Sync to the cloud, as I enter each item, address, speaker, etc., or after all the information is entered? Thank you so much. 

Also the formatting is still off on the Hospitality Schedule with the Header/Title missing from some of the pages. Again, thank you for your continued support.

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Okay thank you for the tip on entering information. I could’ve been creating my own issue with a syncing too soon. Thank you again. 

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!