Wednesday, 09 June 2021
  2 Replies
  454 Visits
0
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Good Evening,

I have updated my theocbase with the latest download. Since doing so I have afew brothers saying their devices arent updating. No error messsage is reported- for some the names are all missing, others dont have any info showing, yet some are still getting the program running fine. I have checked the devices have the latest update downloaded and tried deleting the app and reloading it but it makes no difference. Any advice would be very gratefully recieved. 

more than a month ago
·
#8368
0
Votes
Undo

Thank you so much for taking the time to help, I will give this a go. 

more than a month ago
·
#8367
0
Votes
Undo

Hello Jen,

I've had simimar issues for some time—the desktop app had everything filled up to date as far as the Workbooks go, but the app would ask for import of the same already-populated months on my android.

There are some quirks that were suggested to me in the past, unfortunately I am unable to tell you which exact step fixes this, but this is what I did to rectify the situation.

Before you proceed, as always, backup, backup and backup your most up-to-date desktop database before you do anything. Keep the backup file for a while, just in case.

1. After you back up the database, close TheocBase log into the related Dropbox account in your browser, find and rename syncfile.json (e.g. syncfile.json_old)—it will be present in Apps/TheocBase/ directory.
2. Relaunch TheocBase, try to sync—if the file doesn't get recreated in Dropbox (don't forget to refresh the page), select 'Delete cloud data', after which you should be given the option to sync again, do so.

This may be enough in itself, as I understand it, the syncfile can get corrupted—this will recreate it without the corruption. If this doesn't help on its own for the affected users, they might want to try:

3. Log out from within the app, do not log in again.
2. Go into the settings, find the app and wipe its storage and cache (this may be redundant, but worth a try)
3. Uninstall TheocBase mobile app and restart the device
4. Reinstall TheocBase mobile app and log in.

This updated the the app on my phone, showing the contents as present in the desktop app. In retrocpect, I may have just tried the step 1 and 2 first, but can't test it now since it already works.

Hope that helps.

  • Page :
  • 1
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!